NEIA is working with firms, educational institutions and government agencies to increase the level of innovation within Newfoundland and Labrador’s Green Economy.
If you answer any of these questions with a “yes”, NEIA’s Innovation and Commercialization Initiative is for you.
- Are you developing new products and services to meet market demands or global quality standards?
- Have you developed a new product or service which you are now trying to bring to market?
- Are you seeking to make an initial sale of an innovative product or service to the Federal Government to kick-start your market entry?
- Are you thinking of hiring a student to help your firm conduct need research?
- Do you have a research need you would like to discuss with an academic researcher?
- Are you developing new processes to produce your product or service faster, at lower cost, more safely, or with less environmental impact?
- Have you been working with academic researchers but require financial support to solidify the partnership through a project?
- Do you have questions about filing patents or protecting your intellectual property?
- Do you require financial assistance to reduce the risk of innovation?
- Do you have an innovation that requires proof of concept / scientific validation?
- Are you adapting existing technology to meet business needs or respond to market opportunities?
NEIA works in close partnership with a variety of entities to help firms protect their intellectual property, commercialize new technologies, build academic partnerships, and access supports to de-risk innovation. These partners include: The Atlantic Innovation Fund; Springboard Atlantic; National Research Council; Research Development Corporation; the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC); the Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development; the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA); the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA); the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO); Mitacs; Genome Atlantic; and many more.
In our Innovation and Commercialization Initiative, NEIA works one-on-one with firms to identify what programming best suits their needs and broker the relationship with its partners to provide the innovation support they require. The service is customized, confidential and free!
If you would like to discuss the innovation and commercialization needs of your business, please register using the link below to indicate your interest or contact NEIA’s Manager of Business Development Abbie Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org.