Opportunities & Featured
Atlantic Business Magazine names Brian Dalton (Alitus Minerals), Michael Hanrahan (petroforma laboratories), and Rick Tiller (Tiller Group of Companies) among Top 50 CEO’s in the region; names Larry Puddister (Pennecon and Newcrete) as CEO of the Year.
“Industry has been asking for access to the energy grid for years but has been – and continues to be – denied that access,” says Ted Lomond, Executive Director of NEIA. “To discover that we are now considering purchasing power from outside the province is perplexing and upsetting.”
Let’s Talk Exports complements NEIA’s extensive work supporting international business development for firms in Newfoundland and Labrador.
A list of fee changes and/or additions from the provincial 2016 budgets which may impact the operations of environmental sector firms.
The Government of Canada purchases between $15-$20 billion of goods and services each year. This seminar provides key information about how to sell to the Government of Canada that will help you learn how to understand the contracting process, register in supplier databases, and build networks and promote your business.
This training opportunity has reached capacity. If you would like to be put on our waiting list, or express interest in taking this course in the future, please contact us. This professional development opportunity is brand new to Newfoundland and Labrador. Erosion and transport of soil by water and wind is a primary environmental protection and management activity on most development sites. The purpose of the Erosion and Sediment Control course is to investigate the fundamentals of effective erosion and sediment control practice.
This Winter that Provincial Government launched a multi-year Government Renewal Initiative to identify a combination of measures to eliminate the province’s deficit and move forward with a sustainable budgetary framework for Newfoundland and Labrador. On March 17, 2016, NEIA made a series of submissions which are summarized here.
The views and opinions expressed in these news articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect official NEIA policy or position.
Latest on NEIA.org
- 4 NEIA member firms have CEO’s named in this year’s Top 50 across Atlantic Canada
- SPEAKER SERIES: The LOOKNorth Technology Validation Program
- Guidebook for Municipalities: How to set emissions reduction targets
- Arctic Technology Conference, October 24-26, 2016, St. John’s, NL
- Genesis Centre’s Evolution Program accepting applications for Summer 2016 cohort
- OceansAdvance Speakers Series Event: NASA – North Atlantic Aerosols and Marine Ecosystems Study (NAAMES)
- Interested in discussing water issues in your municipality with other municipalities and experts in the field?
- WEBINAR: The Latest Advancements in Water Quality Sensor Technology
- Food First NL is hiring an Education Manager
- International internship opportunities for students
- APEC Major Projects 2016, June 8, 2016, St. John’s, NL
- NEIA disappointed Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro is open to importing power, while Government policies continue to inhibit local generation
- Strong international business opportunities for Newfoundland and Labrador firms in 2017
- Atlantic Canada Aquaculture Technology and Trade Mission to South America (Brazil and Chile), October 15 – 22.
- Does your community have an idea to reduce, reuse or recycle more of its waste? If so, apply now for $10,000 in funding
- Deadline Extended: Funding worth up to $100,000 for projects seeking emissions reduction or pollution prevention in the transportation sector or automotive recycling
Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Industry Association